The Bioethics Committee of the University is a public and expert body independent of the researcher and the customer, designed to provide independent expertise, consulting, monitoring and decision-making on ethical evaluation of clinical and biomedical research involving the participation of humans and/or animals in order to protect the dignity, interests, and health rights of participants in the research, educational and therapeutic process. In its activities, the Ethics Committee is guided by the current regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic (hereinafter KR) and the University, as well as the main international standards governing the conduct of clinical and biomedical research involving humans and animals.
Chairman of the Committee
Talantbek Batyraliev– President of the Association of Medical Workers of the Kyrgyz Republic, Professor, MD, current member of the American College of Cardiology. Specialist in angioplasty, one of the safest methods of treatment of coronary heart disease and prevention of myocardial infarction. Graduated with honors from the KSMI im.Akhunbayeva. Then there was postgraduate study in Moscow at the All-Union Cardiology Research Center and the defense of a PhD thesis and a doctoral thesis. Today, Talantbek Batyraliev is among the top five best cardiologists in the world.
Tulekeev T.M., D.M.N. – Deputy Chairman.
Executive Secretary – Knyazev I.A.
Kuldanbayev N.K. MD.
2. Monolov N.K. PhD
The main tasks of the Ethics Committee are:
- Protection of the rights, dignity, interests, safety and health of participants in clinical trials, as well as control over the observance of patients' rights when receiving medical care in university clinics;
- Solving moral and ethical problems related to the publication of research results, including problems of plagiarism, unreliability of research results, copyright compliance;
- Regulation of ethical issues of scientific research, clinical trials of medicines on the basis of accepted regulatory documents;
- Compliance with international and national standards for testing and implementation of new technologies for diagnostics, treatment and prevention, new medicines in the practice of clinical departments of the University;
- Achieving an independent and objective assessment of the safety and inviolability of human rights in relation to the subjects, both at the planning stage and at the stage of conducting the study, as well as compliance of the study with humanistic and ethical standards.
- Ensuring that the relevant organizations are promptly and clearly informed of the occurrence of any adverse reactions during the study, if necessary, postponement or complete termination of clinical trials.
- Выявление случаев нарушения принципов медицинской этики и деонтологии медицинскими, научными и иными работниками университета при оказании медицинских услуг в сфере здравоохранения;
Main functions and activities of the Committee:
- conducting an ethical examination of research projects planned to be carried out at the university sites by internal or external scientific teams;
conducting a qualitative ethical examination of materials of planned clinical trials of medicines or medical devices, new methods of diagnosis and treatment in order to protect subjects from possible negative consequences.
- expertise of research projects and research. in which both sick and healthy people and animals are involved in accordance with the norms of the current legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, international ethical standards;
- analysis of the ethical validity of clinical and biomedical research and the expected efficacy and safety of the studied medicines, medical devices, medical technologies.
- preparation of conclusions on the feasibility of conducting clinical and biomedical research, as well as monitoring compliance with the dignity, rights and safety of research subjects.
- monitoring compliance with ethical and legal norms in the course of clinical research and continuous dynamic monitoring of the course of clinical research;
- monitoring compliance with the principles of medical ethics and deontology by medical, scientific and other employees of the university in the provision of medical services in the field of healthcare.
- study and application of international experience of legal and ethical regulation in conducting clinical and biomedical research;
- organization and conduct of scientific, theoretical and practical events on bioethical issues;
- participation in ethical and legal education of medical workers and citizens in the field of human rights protection during clinical and biomedical research;
- participation in expert evaluation of advertising of medical and pharmaceutical activities, as well as goods and services that violate the rights of citizens to health protection;
- development and implementation of various methods of ethical education of university staff and monitoring of staff compliance with ethical standards.